Saturday, January 26, 2008

Any idiot can face a crisis - its day to day living that wears you out. - Anton Chekhov

Each of us has a different definition of what is “right” and what is “wrong” and that is OK. The brothers and sisters in our program do not judge us. Though “normal” people can and generally do judge us – at least we want to believe that they do, we are truly only answerable to our Higher Power and to ourselves. We may not always know what is “right”, but we definitely know when we are wrong. That terrible sick feeling we get in the pit of our stomach screams a warning to us. And then we find we already knew the outcome when we are faced with cleaning up whatever the mess we made is. We clearly seem to know when we are about to do something wrong. The challenge, the day to day choices we make are the ones that are the hardest to make. Is the choice I am about to make based on self-will or is it G-d’s will? Am I hoping that my choice will lead to the end result I want? Or will I accept whatever the consequences my choice will bring, knowing that the answer may be a lesson, a gift or another challenge from our Higher Power? Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understood God. Perhaps this is not a one time choice. Perhaps the peace we seek and the energy we need to get through each day comes from this simple but powerful piece of wisdom.

Let me wake up each day and not doubt the direction my Higher Power sends me.


No comments: